If there is a break in your main sewer line this can equal big problems for you. All of the drains within your home lead to the main sewer line, which then carries the waste to either the city line or your septic tank. At the time of construction the sewer line may have been installed correctly, however, as your home ages so do the pipes and other drainage elements. This can lead to a plethora of issues, including pipe breakage.
If your sewer lines do become broken you can be at risk for a variety of issues including:
- Flooding within your home
- Exposing your home to diseases and chemicals that sewage leakage from a broken pipe can cause
- Be prone to an infestation of bugs and rats
- Damages to your yard and home
In order to prevent these disastrous problems, you should know the warning signs and symptoms of a broken sewage pipe and take steps to have the issue repaired right away. Some broken sewer line symptoms you should be aware of include:
- A noticeable smell of sewage in, around or beneath your home
- Soft or mushy areas in the yard when it has not rained for a while
- Presence of rat holes or rats in your yard
- Notification from the city or sewage provide that there is a break in the line
When you see any of these symptoms you should call a professional repair person as soon as possible. Delaying service and repairs can lead to devastating issues for both your yard and home. In most cases, the technician will be able to determine if the problem lays within your homes pipes or if it is a city issue. This is typically done with either a video inspection or dye indicators. If it is an issue with the pipes running from you home, you should ensure you have the problem area replaced or repaired to prevent any further damages.
If you suspect that you may have a broken sewer line and would like to get a quote on repairing the damaged pipe as opposed to an expensive sewer line replacement using CIPP Technology, contact Pipe Rehab Specialists (Residential and Municipal)
- Category: Sewer Line Issues
- No Comments